Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance (prior to Covid) ranging between 450 and 675 (with three services), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
The Assistant to the Lead Pastor & Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Lead Pastor in the performance of his duties including Board related tasks, volunteer coordinating, event planning, and general office support. This role reports to the Lead Pastor and the Director of Administration & Operations.
Assisting the Lead Pastor (15hrs/week)
- Provide communication support as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers. Enlist the aid of and develop volunteer teams to do ministry
- Coordinate special events such as Kick-Off Sunday (September), Christmas Outreach Event (December), Christmas Eve Services, Block Party and others as required
- Board-related duties : Work with the Lead Pastor and Board Chair to perform Board duties. Prepare Board package, attend the Board Agenda meeting and take Board Meeting minutes
- Prepare the Annual Report for the Annual General Meeting
Office Administration Support (10-12hrs/week)
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Receive, pickup, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Keep statistical records: weekly attendance, baptisms, and membership
- Manage phone directory database: keep database up to date and accurate
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update church calendar, schedule meetings, and fold and distribute receipts
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying …etc
- Keep foyer, coffee room and kitchen presentable
- Record keeping and data entry
- Temperature recordings twice a week
- Schedule, recruit and train monthly ushers and greeters
- Assist Director of Administration and Operations as needed and fill in for sick days and holidays
- A growing, vibrant relationship with God, seeking to grow in Christ-like character, and a teachable spirit.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and maintain attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, in a confidential environment
- Team player
- Interact with and assist staff, church adherents, and whoever comes in the door with courtesy and discretion
- Computer competency (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Publisher, Excel, PayPal, Email, Website
Thank you for taking time to prayerfully consider this role. To apply please email a current resume and cover letter to our Lead Pastor , David Fields at email@example.com.