Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance (prior to Covid) ranging between 450 and 675 (with three services), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
The Custodian\Maintenance person is responsible for performing custodial and routine maintenance duties on a casual on-call basis.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum common areas including sanctuary, balcony, foyer, offices, youth room, Kids rooms, Kitchen, Café
- Remove garbage and recycling
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize washrooms
- Clean and wipe down windows, common area surfaces and walls
- Check furnace filters monthly – replace and date as required
- Initiate/organize yearly spring cleaning with the help of the Property Deacon
- Perform minor repairs to electrical, plumbing and church property including replacing light fixtures, fixing leaking faucets and other property maintenance needs
- Inventory control – order supplies as needed
- Some flexibility is required to work around Summit events and programs
Anticipated Hours of Work
On-call hours are based on need to cover for vacation, sick time or special events and programs e.g. VBS, AWANA, Weddings, Funerals…etc.
- Previous janitorial experience is an asset
- Knowledge of WHIMIS is an asset but not required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Some heavy lifting will be required for this role
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider this role. To apply, please email a current resume, cover letter and list of work-related references to the attention of Director of Administration and Operations, Rue Mafulela: firstname.lastname@example.org