Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance (prior to Covid) ranging between 450 and 675 (with three services), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
The Pastor of 60+ Ministry (Parttime) is a person with strong pastoral giftedness and proven leadership and communication skills who works alongside the other Pastors and supports the Lead Pastor in shepherding the Summit Drive church body. The Pastor of 60+ Ministry will have a deep seeded conviction that the local church is God’s primary vehicle for God’s saving work in the world and have a commitment to doing church “as a team.”
- Serves as a member of the pastoral team.
- Weekly visitation of 60+ members in Hospital, Senior’s Residences and Homes, and additional time visiting by phone (6 hrs. per week).
- Oversee Tuesday morning men’s and women’s Bible studies (2 hrs. per week).
- Organize and attend Thursday morning Carpet Bowling, and joining in with Pickle Ball at times (2 hrs. per week)
- Organize and host 60-Plus lunches (once per month – 3 hrs. per month)
- Oversee and participate in two services per month at Ridgepointe Retirement residence
- Study time (4-5 hours per week studying in preparation for the 60+ study and Ridgepointe Residence)
- Attend and participate in Sunday services, to greet and connect with 60-Plus folks, and attend occasional staff meetings (2-3 hrs. per week)
- Available for officiating funerals as needed/requested
This candidate must be a mature follower of Jesus who is dedicated to the ministry of the local church, open and teachable, and must work well in a team setting. This candidate will require experience working in a church setting, and preferably have a Bachelor or Masters degree related to ministry studies.
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider this role. To apply, please send a current resume, cover letter and list of work-related references to our Lead Pastor, David Fields: firstname.lastname@example.org.