Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance (prior to Covid) ranging between 450 and 675 (with three services), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
Summit Drive Church is looking to hire 4 interns this summer to work alongside the staff at Summit Drive Church. Each internship role will be for 35 hours per week for a total of 8-12 weeks from mid-May to the end of August (the number of weeks available for each internship including the start and end dates are flexible depending on each intern’s schedule and the number of interns hired). Work hours are flexible, but the intern will be required to attend and help with preparations for all summer camps and Sunday morning services. There will also be required meeting times throughout the week.
This candidate must be a mature follower of Jesus who is dedicated to the ministry of the local church, open and teachable, and must work well in a team setting.
This internship is funded by the government as part of the Canada Summer Jobs program. To qualify for this program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be between the ages of 15 to 30
- The candidate must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Assisting with, preparing for, and running the children’s VBS programs and youth summer camps throughout the summer.
- Assisting with Sunday morning services.
- Assisting church ministry staff with other tasks and responsibilities as needs arise.
- Tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the individual’s gifts and talents.
- Responsibilities may lean more towards working with children, youth, or young adults, depending on ministry needs and each intern’s area of gifting.
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider this role. To apply for one of these internship positions, please email a current resume and cover letter to our Director of Children’s Ministries, Sharon Jager at email@example.com