Summer Intern for Youth Ministry 2020:
- Must be between age 15 and 30.
- 30 hours per week, for 8 weeks(or 16 weeks at 15hours per week, but the start date is June 22nd, 2020).
- Start date: Jun 22nd, 2020
- E-mail resume with cover letter to Pastor Colton at email@example.com or drop them off at the church office.
- Work Hours: Generally from Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm-ish; and some Sunday duties expected. Any overtime will be banked for time off. This schedule will change throughout the summer due to the nature of youth ministry events, but the intern will have input as to when those events occur.
- Assisting in preparing and leading youth Bible Studies and devotional talks.
- Helping plan, prepare and carry out summer youth events (including but not limited to the Youth Summer Camp and Summer Sundays).
- Managing social media for youth events.
- Producing and making content for social media.
- Assisting in Coordinating volunteers and snacks for youth events.
- NOTE: Tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the individual’s gifts and talents.
- Love for Jesus and others.
- Interest in learning, specifically in learning more of church youth ministry.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Takes initiative and is self-motivating when at work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and some social media usage.
As we continue to seek to love and reach our city with the Good News of Jesus, we are in the process of hiring an Assistant to the Lead Pastor.
Assistant to the Lead Pastor
General Description: The Assistant to the Lead Pastor (15 h/week) is responsible for supporting the Lead Pastor in the performance of his duties including weekend service planning, event planning, advertisement design and communication, as well as management of some elements of the Lead Pastor’s calendar, correspondence, speaking engagements, and travel.
Qualifications: This person must be a mature follower of Christ, trustworthy, humble and teachable. This individual must have sufficient organizational skills to handle event details, must work well with people, and have good written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a variety of computer programs is necessary, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn some web design platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide communication support as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Produce the board package, take board meeting minutes, attend board agenda meeting, help prepare the AGM report (20 hours per month)
- Attend Wednesday staff meeting once a month or as needed
- Work with the Lead Pastor in the area of advertising events
- Report expenses for the Lead Pastor
- Coordinate special events as required (i.e.):
- Summit Choir performances
- Kick-Off Sunday (September)
- Christmas Outreach Event (December)
- Christmas Eve Services
- Block Party
Weekly Duties Include:
- Attend planning meeting with Lead Pastor
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Board Chair to accomplish board duties
Resume and cover letters can be sent to Pastor David Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org