We are hiring a children’s ministry intern for 8 weeks this summer. See the job description below:
Summer Intern for Children:
- 30 hours per week, for 8 weeks, starting June 21 and ending August 15 (there may be some flexibility on start and end dates, but the position is for a maximum of 8 weeks).
- E-mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work Hours: Work hours are flexible, but the intern will be required to attend and help with preparations for all summer camps. The required work hours for camps will be Mon-Wed, 8am-1pm. There will also be required meeting times throughout the week.
- Must be between the ages of 15 to 30. You DO NOT need to be a student.
- Hourly wage: $14.60
- Assisting with, preparing for and running the children’s VBS programs throughout the summer.
- Assisting with planning, preparation and making videos for the Kids Church livestream on Sunday mornings.
- Assisting with preparation of crafts and curriculum for September 2020 and beyond.
- Assisting children’s ministry staff with other tasks and responsibilities as needs arise.
- Tasks and responsibilities may vary depending on the individual’s gifts and talents.
- Heart for ministry and a desire to see children grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Takes initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Email cover letter and resume to Pastor Jill at email@example.com
As we continue to seek to love and reach our city with the Good News of Jesus, we are in the process of hiring an Assistant to the Lead Pastor.
Assistant to the Lead Pastor
General Description: The Assistant to the Lead Pastor (15 h/week) is responsible for supporting the Lead Pastor in the performance of his duties including weekend service planning, event planning, advertisement design and communication, as well as management of some elements of the Lead Pastor’s calendar, correspondence, speaking engagements, and travel.
Qualifications: This person must be a mature follower of Christ, trustworthy, humble and teachable. This individual must have sufficient organizational skills to handle event details, must work well with people, and have good written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a variety of computer programs is necessary, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn some web design platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide communication support as directed by the Lead Pastor
- Produce the board package, take board meeting minutes, attend board agenda meeting, help prepare the AGM report (20 hours per month)
- Attend Wednesday staff meeting once a month or as needed
- Work with the Lead Pastor in the area of advertising events
- Report expenses for the Lead Pastor
- Coordinate special events as required (i.e.):
- Summit Choir performances
- Kick-Off Sunday (September)
- Christmas Outreach Event (December)
- Christmas Eve Services
- Block Party
Weekly Duties Include:
- Attend planning meeting with Lead Pastor
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Board Chair to accomplish board duties
Resume and cover letters can be sent to Pastor David Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org