As we continue to seek to love and reach our city with the Good News of Jesus, we’re excited to announce that we are in the process of hiring an Executive Pastor. We are now taking applications which can be sent to our Lead Pastor, Dave Fields at email@example.com
Summit Drive Church
Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. The staff team will include four full-time pastoral staff (lead, executive and two pastors in the area of youth ministries, young adults, groups and online ministries), a part time pastor of children and family ministries, seven part-time and administrative staff, and two ministry internship programs. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance ranging between 450 and 625 (currently with three services), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
The Executive Pastor is a person with strong pastoral giftedness and proven administrative skills. The Executive Pastor will work alongside the Lead Pastor in shepherding the Summit Drive church body. The Executive Pastor will have a deep seeded conviction that the local church is God’s primary vehicle for reaching a lost world.
The Executive Pastor, with a team of Pastors, administrative staff and volunteers, will ensure that all church operations are running smoothly. The Executive Pastor fully embraces the concept of doing “Church as a Team”.
Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of all the church pastors (excludes Lead Pastor) and staff in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. This will include general oversight of the functional areas of ministry within the church (children’s, families, youth, young adults, seniors, online, missions, worship, etc.) as well as the day-to-day management of the operational and service areas within the church (finances, human resources, facilities, technology, hospitality, etc.).
- Pastoral Ministry
- Serves as a member of the pastoral team
- Preaches and teaches within the church body as required
- Perform pastoral functions as required – i.e. weddings, funerals, pastoral counseling
- Participate appropriately within denominational networks
- Serve the community through occasional pastoral involvements, in accordance with the church goals and strategies
- Oversees and is involved with a Church ministry, in line with the Executive Pastor’s giftedness
- Implement vision through giving sustained and systematic attention to strategic ministry objectives, church-wide ministry mapping and planning, the development and implementation of processes for effective ministry evaluation and regular reports on progress as well as recommendations for next steps
- Assist the Lead Pastor in strategic planning and the annual updates to the Ministry and Services Plan
- Assist members of the pastoral team in annual ministry planning and long term strategic ministry planning that informs the overall ministry plan for the church.
- Serve as coordinator, resource person and advisor to the committees and/or ministry teams of the Church
- Serve as staff liaison to a number of standing and sub-committees of the Board
- Works with the Finance and Budget Committee / Treasurer; the Physical Plant and Property Committee and the Communication and Technology Committee
- Supervise the office administrator, ministry assistants, administrative assistants, other secretarial- clerical workers, custodial, food service workers and other general labor workers
- Handle difficulties and emergencies effectively and spiritually with commitment to conflict resolution
- Ensure compliance with all relevant labor laws and employment standards
- Proactively and strategically plan, recruit, train and equip leaders for future ministry opportunities, maximize the giftedness of each person, personally coach, mentor and mobilize staff and volunteers to reach their highest potential
General Allocation of time
The Executive Pastor position is a new position for Summit Drive Church and the roles and responsibilities are still being developed. The estimated amount of time to be spent on the key responsibilities:
- Leadership and administration – 40 %
- Pastoral – 25 %
- Strategic Planning – 10 %
- Human Resources – 10 %
- Liaison with Lead Pastor – 5 %
- Liaison with Board Committees – 10 %
Ideally, this pastoral candidate will have experience in ministry and management relevant to the job description, and a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree.
Please email your resume and cover letter to our Lead Pastor, chair of the search committee, David Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org. A more detailed job description can be provided upon request. We will begin reviewing applications on October 22nd. The job search will remain open until Summit Drive has called a candidate.