In response to the devastating floods and the evacuation of Merritt, we have reached out to the Emergency Support Services as well as the Salvation Army to determine how we can best be of help.
For all those from Merritt who have been evacuated or are stranded in Kamloops, we want to be a support through this difficult time.
Our doors will be open from 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, if you are looking for a warm place to be refreshed, some free snacks and drinks, a place to charge your phone/devices, or a place to play with your kids (our kid’s space and nursery have some toys and a bit of space to run).
Community Resources for Evacuees
- If you need clothing, or other necessary supplies during this time you can connect with The Mustard Seed Thrift Store located at 342 Seymour St (open from 10am – 4pm Mon. – Fri. and 10am – 2pm on Saturdays. You can visit their facebook page for more details
- Motion Church is hosting folks affected by the flooding. For more information visit their facebook page.
- Oasis Church is also providing supplies and lunches for evacuees. More information can be found on their facebook page or website.
- Hopewell Clinic & Pregnancy Centre located on 429 Tranquille rd. have opened their Blessings Boutique to help evacuees with any supplies needed – children clothing, formula, diapers etc. Check out their facebook page for more details.
- Salvation Army is doing Christmas Hampers specifically for Merritt residents. If you would like to give in this way or to receive a hamper for your family visit their website for more details.
Volunteer Opportunity at Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is in need of volunteers to help serve the Merritt evacuees at McArthur Island this week. They are looking for volunteers to serve on 2 hour shifts with 3 volunteers on each shift ( 8:30-10am, 10-12noon, 12-2pm and 2-4pm) for the next few days. To sign up go on the Salvation Army volunteer webpage to complete the Volunteer Application Form.